***To read the full blog, please check out the complete post on NewsBusters***
After lying about the “favor” President Trump asked of the president of Ukraine last week, ABC’s World News Tonight was back with fresh lies to serve to their viewers during their Tuesday newscast. This time they set out to deceive folks about what kind of knowledge the so-called whistleblower actually had. Despite the whistleblower initially admitting they didn’t have first-hand knowledge about the phone call, ABC decried those who stated that fact.
“The President and his allies have attacked the whistleblower's credibility, claiming the person relied on second-hand information,” whined ABC senior White House correspondent Cecilia Vega. “But the Intelligence Community’s Inspector General, who was appointed by President Trump, says that is not true.”
Vega adding: “[The ICIG] says the whistleblower filed the complaint claiming to have ‘personal and/or direct knowledge of events or records involved,’ in addition to information from other people.”
But according to journalists over at Fox News, Chief Intelligence correspondent Catherine Herridge and editor Gregg Re, what ABC and the ICIG claim conflicts with the publically disclosed documents:
The inspector general for the intelligence community said late Monday that the whistleblower whose complaint touched off an impeachment inquiry claimed to have firsthand knowledge of misconduct -- a claim that appears to conflict with documents sent to Congress and the director of national intelligence.
Herridge and Re quoted directly from the whistleblower complaint that was sent to Congress and clearly spelled out the writer’s lack of first-hand knowledge.