UPDATE: Apparently, the vice president will be introducing Lady Gaga. (Guess that's one reason 62% of Americans couldn't care less about this year's Oscars).
On Sunday, Vice Pres. Joe Biden (D-USA) will present the Oscar for an Academy Award category – but, which one?
“The veep will be a surprise presenter at this Sunday’s Oscars, Hollywood insiders tell Page Six.” (Though, the surprise is probably blown now that 35 million people have seen the headline on The Drudge Report.
“It’s unclear what category Biden would take on,” Page Six notes. Perhaps, just perhaps, the category is a “surprise,” too – a completely new category custom-tailored for Joe Biden.
So, just for fun, here are five suggestions for a new Academy Award Joe Biden would be best-suited to present:
- “Worst Gaffe in a Political Drama,”
- “Most Irrelevant Supporting Character in a High-Budget Production,”
- “Best Scare Tactics in an Environmental Doomsday Documentary,”
- “Best Screenplay for a Left-Wing Propaganda Film Posing as Entertainment,”
- “Largest Budget Deficit for a Film Billed as a Blockbuster”
Of course, the big money question is: Will Biden have a Steve Harvey Moment when he's introducing Lady Gaga? Hopefully, Gaga won't be in a wheelchair after a bad skiing accident.
Please share your ideas for a Joe Biden Academy Award category in the “Comments” section below.