The Washington Free Beacon has obtained un-redacted tax forms revealing many of the donors behind the Anti-Trump "Resistance" movement, including the founders of Ford and Kellogg and, more unsurprisingly, George Soros.
The progressive community organizing group Center for Community Change Action, the leader of the so-called "Resistance," has been a fighting force against President Donald Trump, as well as many other prominent Republican party members even before last year's election.
According to the Free Beacon, the group's 2015 tax paperwork reveals the group's powerful donors include the founders of the W.K. Kellogg Company, who gave $3,000,000.
Other large donors included the Ford Foundation, who gave $2,350,000, and the Open Society Foundation (run by billionaire George Soros) who donated $1,750,000. Smaller donors included:
- The California Endowment, which gave $524,500
- The Marguerite Casey Foundation, which gave $515,000
- Fidelity Charitable Gift, which donated $505,100 under the recommendation of individual donors
- the National Immigration Law Center, which gave $316,000
The CCCA includes a (c)(4) arm that also relies on donor money. Labelled as the "social welfare" arm of the organization, this division was created by Clinton allies in order to garner support from minority voters. The (c)(4) received donations from the following organizations:
- The Open Society Policy Center gave $1,475,000
- The Sixteen Thirty Fund gave $610,000
- Center for Community Change gave $150,000
- Services Employees International Union gave $150,000
- Atlantic Philanthropies gave $75,000
- The Tides Foundation gave $50,000
Clearly, the left isn't averse to accepting corporate interests and donor money -- if it suits their cause.
(Ed note: This story originally listed a group from the founders of the Ford Motor Company as giving $2,350,000. While the Ford Foundation was originally founded by Edsel Ford, the group has long operated as a separate entity independent from the Ford Motor Company.)
Thank you for supporting MRCTV! As a tax-deductible, charitable organization, we rely on the support of our readers to keep us running! Keep MRCTV going with your gift here!