Former Democratic Congressman Anthony Weiner was released from a halfway house in the Bronx after serving a 21-month sentence for illicit online contact with a 15-year-old girl.
"It's good to be out," Weiner told Fox News Tuesday as he walked out of the halfway house. "I feel like I’m glad to be getting back to my family, I hope to be able to live a life of integrity and service.”
The former Democratic lawmaker did not say if his “service” would include another run for political office.
Weiner, a level 1 sex offender, must now register with officials for a minimum of 20 years.
Weiner is required to verify his address every year, notify the state within 10 days of moving and visit a police station every three years to have a new picture taken.
He still faces three years of court supervision.
According to WABC:
Weiner's lawyer said the former lawmaker likely exchanged thousands of messages with hundreds of women over the years and was communicating with up to 19 women when he encountered the teenager.
It wasn't the first time Weiner had been caught acting inappropriately.
After sending a lewd picture of himself to a college student in 2011, Weiner claimed his account had been hacked, then admitted online interactions with at least six other women while married to top Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin.
Weiner resigned from Congress, only to try for a political comeback with a run for New York City mayor in 2013. Then came the revelation that Weiner had used the alias "Carlos Danger" to send explicit photos to at least one woman after resigning from Congress.