Planned Parenthood to Lose $60M – Rules Banning Federal Tax Money For Abortions Move Forward 

1.6k views

New Trump administration rules prohibiting federal funding to abortion clinics can now move forward and (surprise) Planned Parenthood is not happy.

The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals decided unanimously Thursday to lift three injunctions that previously barred the Trump administration from denying funds to “family planning” clinics that refer clients for abortions. 

“Absent a stay, HHS will be forced to allow taxpayer dollars to be spent in a manner that it has concluded violates the law, as well as the Government’s important policy interest (recognized by Congress in § 1008) in ensuring taxpayer dollars do not go to fund or subsidize abortions,” the judges say in their ruling.

According to the LA Times,

Planned Parenthood has said it would be impossible for it to comply with the rule. The organization stands to lose nearly $60 million in annual funding.

Without any sense of irony, the president of the organization that has killed millions of babies, released a statement condemning “this attack on millions.” 

In a press release, Dr. Leana Wen says, “Planned Parenthood will not stand for this attack on millions of people across the country.  We will be immediately seeking emergency relief from the Court of Appeals.”

They didn't mention if their swift action is because $60 million is a lot of tax payer money to be denied.

The 9th Circuit says in its ruling that it expects the Trump administration will prevail in the challenges.

“The Final Rule’s prohibitions on advocating, encouraging, or promoting abortion, as well as on referring patients for abortions, are reasonable,” the ruling states.

MRC Merch

MRC Merch