Just before releasing the redacted report in its entirety, U.S. Attorney General took to the podium Thursday morning to give another brief explainer of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, reiterating that the investigation found no evidence of a conspiracy between the two.
And liberals lost. Their. Minds.
In case you missed it, here are just a few key points from Barr’s roughly 30-minute presser:
- Mueller’s investigation found no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government to interfere with the 2016 election
- The Justice Department found no reason to indict President Trump for obstruction of justice
- Mueller’s final report, which is not required to be publicly released, has been redacted to protect the privacy of peripheral persons and to protect ongoing criminal investigations
- The Trump campaign wasn't illegally involved with the Wikileaks dump of Hillary Clinton's emails
- Nothing in the report was redacted as the result of the president exercising executive privilege
Even still, liberal talking heads, lawmakers and media pundits immediately rushed to conclude – without a shred of evidence – that Barr was somehow “covering” for the president. Here are just a few of the most pathetic meltdowns:
After Mueller did not take a position on possible obstruction of justice, Attorney General Bill Barr "decided to step into that breach and read the evidence through his lens...almost like a lawyer making a closing argument," @TerryMoran says. https://t.co/4IcDo9lfMv pic.twitter.com/7Tj8xnbVVw— ABC News (@ABC) April 18, 2019
"That was extraordinary."@MSNBC's Brian Williams Reacts To Barr presser.— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) April 18, 2019
"Bill Barr has decided ... he's fine with his legacy being the AG who took one for the team."@niWallace "It's like parent saying, yeah, my kid vandalized the school but he was frustrated..." pic.twitter.com/tTjXgnRDrc
this is straight-up PR— John Harwood (@JohnJHarwood) April 18, 2019