Folks, I'm not going to sugarcoat it. President Joe Biden has overstepped his bounds, even if he and his regime think they don't have any.
The Associated Press (AP) reported on Thursday Biden is going to announce "sweeping new federal vaccine requirements" that require businesses that employ more than 100 people to either be vaccinated or "test for the virus weekly."
According to the AP:
The expansive rules mandate that all employers with more than 100 workers require them to be vaccinated or test for the virus weekly, affecting about 80 million Americans. And the roughly 17 million workers at health facilities that receive federal Medicare or Medicaid also will have to be fully vaccinated.
Biden is also signing an executive order to require vaccination for employees of the executive branch and contractors who do business with the federal government — with no option to test out. That covers several million more workers.
The White House website posted all of the requirements Thursday afternoon in their COVID plan:
- Requiring All Employers with 100+ Employees to Ensure their Workers are Vaccinated or Tested Weekly
- Requiring Vaccinations for all Federal Workers and for Millions of Contractors that Do Business with the Federal Government
- Requiring COVID-19 Vaccinations for Over 17 Million Health Care Workers at Medicare and Medicaid Participating Hospitals and Other Health Care Settings
- Calling on Large Entertainment Venues to Require Proof of Vaccination or Testing for Entry
- Requiring Employers to Provide Paid Time Off to Get Vaccinated
The problem with all this, besides the obvious, is that Biden was singing a different tune back in December of 2020.
"No, I don’t think it should be mandatory. I wouldn’t demand it be mandatory," Biden said at a press conference in Delaware, according to the New York Post. "But I would do everything in my power — just like I don’t think masks have to be made mandatory nationwide — I will do everything in my power as president of the United States to encourage people to do the right thing. And when they do it, demonstrate that it matters."
And it wasn't just Biden singing that song.
On July 23, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki told reporters that it's not the role of federal government to mandate vaccines following Republican Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey's assertion that it's "unvaccinated folks that are letting us down."
"Well, I think the question here — one, that’s not the role of the federal government; that is the role that institutions, private-sector entities, and others may take," Psaki said.
Times change, apparently. And these days, it doesn't take years for it to happen.