Update (9:19 a.m. 6/28): CNN reported:
"But the lockdown was lifted late Tuesday afternoon when investigators determined those reports were unfounded, Garrison Commander Col. Thomas Holliday Jr. said at a news conference. The 911 calls were "not credible information," he said.
Update (2:20 p.m., 6/27): CNN reported:
A lockdown still is in effect for one Redstone Arsenal building where a possible shooter had been reported Tuesday morning, but an all-clear has been announced for everywhere else at the northern Alabama army post, facility spokeswoman Kim Hanson said.
Authorities are "still working on confirming the situation" at the post's Building 5301, Hanson said.
Officials are allowing traffic onto and off the base, post spokesman Chris Colster said.
Update (1:16 p.m., 6/27): Redstone Arsenal, an Army post in Alabama, posted the following to Twitter a within the last couple of hours:
Original Story: There is a “possible active shooter” situation developing in at an Army post in Alabama.
CNN is reporting:
The US Army's Redstone Arsenal post in northern Alabama is on lockdown because of a "possible active shooter," the facility's Twitter account read Tuesday morning.
There were reports of a shooter at Building 5301, the aviation and missile command building, at the post's Sparkman Center, Army spokeswoman Kim Hanson said.
An Army email sent to facility personnel and relatives was more explicit, saying an active shooter was on the building's second floor.
Reports stated that the FBI is on their way to the scene. There are no reports of fatalities or injuries as of yet.
Please stay tuned to MRCTV for updates on this situation.