Conspiracy Rep. Cohen: White, Male National Guard Members Might ‘Do Something’ To Biden

Eric Scheiner | January 19, 2021
Font Size

Rep. Steve Cohen, (D-Tenn.) has suggested that National Guard members who are white and male ‘might want to do something’ to the president-elect.

Cohen’s unhinged conspiracy theory made it’s debut on CNN Monday.

"The Guard is 90 some-odd percent, I believe, male, and only about 20 percent of white males voted for Biden," Cohen told CNN. "You've got to figure that in the Guard, which is predominantly more conservative, I see that on my social media and we know it, they're probably not more than 25 percent of the people that are there protecting us who voted for Biden. The other 75 percent are in the large class of folks that might want to do something."

When asked to back up his claim that white, male National Guard members pose a danger, Cohen said you start by drawing a circle around those members that voted for Trump. 

“You draw a circle first - and the first circle is people who vote for Trump and not for Biden, as far as the people who would be within the zone of folks who you would be suspect of. The suspect group is large.”

mrc merch