If you think for one microsecond that the war for universally acceptable racial justice will stop at the base of every toppled Confederate statue, you’re either high or a special kind of stupid.
Here’s a good example of why.
In an article published in the Louisville Eccentric Observer (I know, I’d never heard of it, either), Chennelle Helm, a self-proclaimed Black Lives Matter Louisville organizer, is now demanding that white people give up their houses to black people, re-budget their finances so they can financially support black people, will their inheritance to black people, and publicly harass anyone they may suspect is a racist.
Among other things.
Seriously, here’s her list. Because I couldn’t possibly explain this insanity better than she does herself.
1. White people, if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty.
2. White people, if you’re inheriting property you intend to sell upon acceptance, give it to a black or brown family. You’re bound to make that money in some other white privileged way.
3. If you are a developer or realty owner of multi-family housing, build a sustainable complex in a black or brown blighted neighborhood and let black and brown people live in it for free.
4. White people, if you can afford to downsize, give up the home you own to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.
5. White people, if any of the people you intend to leave your property to are racists assholes, change the will, and will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.
6. White people, re-budget your monthly so you can donate to black funds for land purchasing.
7. White people, especially white women (because this is yaw specialty — Nosey Jenny and Meddling Kathy), get a racist fired. Yaw know what the fuck they be saying. You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they racist too.
8. Backing up No. 7, this should be easy but all those sheetless Klan, Nazi’s and Other lil’ dick-white men will all be returning to work. Get they ass fired. Call the police even: they look suspicious.
9. OK, backing up No. 8, if any white person at your work, or as you enter in spaces and you overhear a white person praising the actions from yesterday, first, get a pic. Get their name and more info. Hell, find out where they work — Get Them Fired. But certainly address them, and, if you need to, you got hands: use them.
10. Commit to two things: Fighting white supremacy where and how you can (this doesn’t mean taking up knitting, unless you’re making scarves for black and brown kids in need), and funding black and brown people and their work.
Got that, white folks? Nothing is yours, because you were born with an unacceptable percentage of melanin. Bummer for you.
Of course, Helm doesn’t see the incredibly irony in telling white people to ditch their own “white supremacy” while simultaneously demanding that they financially support black and brown folks. After all, there are few things more “supremacist” than successful white citizens propping up all the poor black folk who are, according to Helm’s implication, simply too stupid to make it on their own.
Then again, bleeding heart proponents of faux social justice have already demanded we nix algebra from college curricula and retire teachers’ literacy aptitude tests because they allegedly discriminate against disadvantaged minorities, who apparently can't read or add short columns of small numbers (a blatant untruth, although Helm’s outright butchery of the English language suggests she may struggle with the reading bit herself).
There’s a reason many Americans have absolutely no interest in removing monuments to Confederate generals and the Founding Fathers, and it has nothing to do with a bunch of gap-toothed rednecks running around with rebel flags screaming that the South will rise again. It’s because most people are smart enough to know that for race-baiting shrews like Helm, it will never be enough.
(Cover Photo: Facebook)
Thank you for supporting MRCTV! As a tax-deductible, charitable organization, we rely on the support of our readers to keep us running! Keep MRCTV going with your gift here!