Army's First 'Trans' Officer Accused of Handing Service Members' Medical Records Over to Russia

Brittany M. Hughes | September 29, 2022
Text Audio
00:00 00:00
Font Size

The Army’s first known and out transgender officer and his physician wife have both been indicted on charges of conspiracy after allegedly they tried to give service members’ medical information to…Russia.

According to charging documents unsealed this week, Major Jamie Lee Henry, 39, and Johns Hopkins Dr. Anna Gabrielian, 36, are accused of abusing their security clearances to steal records from Fort Bragg’s medical facility in North Carolina, where tens of thousands of troops – including the US Army's Delta Force and Special Operations Forces – are stationed.

Henry and Gabrielian reportedly then met with an undercover FBI agent posing as someone with the Russian embassy to turn over files for the Kremlin to "exploit." Gabrielian allegedly pointed to her “patriotism” toward Russia as her motivation, while Henry told the FBI agent he was willing to help the Kremlin “until the United States actually declares war on Russia,” in which case he’d have some “ethical issues I’ll have to work through.”

To which his Russia-loving wife essentially responded, “Get over it.”

Related: M&M’s New Addition: Purple ‘Spokescandy’ For ‘Acceptance and Inclusivity’

The charging documents also claim Henry told the undercover agent that “The way I am viewing what is going on in Ukraine now, is that the United States is using Ukrainians as a proxy for their own hatred toward Russia.”

The pair also forked over medical information for five Fort Bragg patients, including both active duty and civilians.

Henry, a biological man who came out as trans in 2015, was instantly hailed by the leftist media as a hero for his bravery, even winning awards from LGBTQ groups. In May of that year, the Army granted Henry permission to change his name and pronouns to reflect his female gender “identity,” a first for the military branch.

If convicted, Henry and Gabrielian both face up to 15 years in federal prison.