Virginia State Senator Louise Lucas (D) appeared on the John Fredericks Morning Show and said that racism is the driving force behind Mitt Romney's campaign.
HOST: Do you really believe now that this all about race?
LUCAS: I absolutely believe it's all about race and for the first time I've convinced my children finally that racism is alive and well.
HOST: Even in Virginia?
LUCAS: In Virginia how about all across this nation. And especially in Virginia!
HOST: So, do you think race as this campaign goes on through this summer...
LUCAS: We need to have this discussion because it has not become addressed appropriately. And we do need to have that discussion. And I know that there are people who are cringing in their seats because they don't want to hear it but it's time that we face the reality that we need to have a national discussion on racial issues
HOST: State Senator, in your view, how do you think the race issue then will be addressed now?
LUCAS: I don't believe the President can leave this discussion because it would be precieved in a way that would not be beneficial to him because the Republicans will try to make habit but there needs to be some kind of forum to deal with these issues.
Lucas is a surrogate of Obama's official "Truth Team" in Virginia.
(h/t Fox Nation)
- Crowley to Obama Advisor: 'Why Didn't the President Just Say, Yeah, Benghazi Was a Terrorist Attack?'
- Romney: ‘I’m Not a Fan of the President’
- Mika Imagines Portman's Same-Sex Marriage Support Cost Him Romney VP Pick
- NBC Touts Left-Winger Behind Romney 47% Video As 'Registered Independent' With 'Open Mind'
- Jeopardy! Mocks Mitt Romney With 'Binder Full of Women' Category
- Ace of Spades HQ
- Americans For Prosperity
- Big Government
- Big Hollywood
- Big Journalism
- Breitbart TV
- Business & Media Institute
- Culture & Media Institute
- Gateway Pundit
- Hot Air
- Live Action Blog
- MRC Action Team
- Media Research Center
- Michelle Malkin
- Powerline Blog
- RCP Video
- The Blaze
- The Foundry
- Weasel Zippers