Yesterday on Fox News Hank Williams Jr. called last summers golf summit between Obama and House Speaker John Boehner as "one of the biggest political mistakes ever."
As Williams put it on Fox News' Fox & Friends: "It would be like Hitler playing golf with Benjamin Netanyahu."
As a result, ESPN quickly pulled his traditional opening song from their Monday Night football broadcast.
Let's be honest with ourselves here conservatives. If some liberal had gone on national tv and compared George W. Bush to Hitler during his presidency--as many of his detractors did--we would be up in arms.
As conservatives we need to hold ourselves to a higher standard.
Barack Obama is a terrible president. But he's not comprable to Hitler. No one is comprable to Hitler but Hitler. And he's been dead for 50 years.
So let's get over this nonsense and finally put an end to Godwin's Law once and for all.
Why anyone cares what a yokel like Hank Williams Jr. thinks about politics is beyond me.
Follow Dan Joseph on Twitter
- Hank Williams Jr. Compares Obama to Hitler
- Zbigniew's Advice To Obama: Tell Netanyahu No War To Stop Iran Getting Nukes
- Andrea Mitchell: Obama and Netanyahu Have 'One of the Worst Relationships I Can Remember'
- Bill Maher: 'The Israelis Are Controlling Our Government'
- Bob Schieffer: 'What's the Difference in Iran and Russia Having a Nuclear Weapon?'
- Ace of Spades HQ
- Americans For Prosperity
- Big Government
- Big Hollywood
- Big Journalism
- Breitbart TV
- Business & Media Institute
- Culture & Media Institute
- Gateway Pundit
- Hot Air
- Live Action Blog
- MRC Action Team
- Media Research Center
- Michelle Malkin
- Powerline Blog
- RCP Video
- The Blaze
- The Foundry
- Weasel Zippers